Expressions of Faith: Abuse?


They are surprised that you do not join them in their reckless, wild living, and they heap abuse on you.
(1 Peter 4:4 NIV)

Abuse?

I've never been abused because I didn't do something immoral

Neither have I been abused for for not doing something I felt was wrong. 

However, I have often been given very quizzical and disbelieving looks for not aligning with society's norms in situations I’ve been in.

I once coached high school football. The varsity coach and his wife hosted post-game parties. Leanne and I choose not to drink alcoholic beverages. When we went to the first party of the season, we discovered that we were the only attendees who didn’t drink alcohol--they had no non-alcoholic choices.

The coach and his wife didn’t abuse us. They were embarrassed. 

We decided to bring our own sodas.

There were cans of soda at every party for the rest of the season . . . supplied by the coach and his wife.


Living what you believe without the wholesale condemning others is a most effective testimony of your faith and beliefs.

Next Friday's Expression of Faith Series: Gifted to Serve

Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts