Timeless Truths: What Follows You - Integrity


"Some Assembly Required" series.

Series Theme Verse

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

The fruit of the Spirit is evidence of our relationship with God.
The fruit of the Spirit is not evidence of our God-gifts.
·      This is not the “produce section” in your local store.
·      There is no choice among the listed attributes.
·      All the attributes listed are part of the single fruit.


Fruit of the Spirit means nothing to non-Christians.
The term “goodness” appears only four times in the New Testament. It is hard to define, other than being “more than good.”

That being said . . .
Goodness Means
·      Generosity of God
·      Going the second mile
·      Guarantee of integrity

Integrity is deciding to integrate my heart’s values into my daily actions.
This is a good definition of holiness.
Deciding is a key element. Integrity is not an accident.
I know, my God, that you test the heart and are pleased with integrity. 1 Chronicles 29:17a
Integrity is important to God and vital to us.

THREE TESTS OF INTEGRITY
1. Integrity in my work.
How do my associates see me?
Work is a test of our integrity.
For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. Ephesians 2:10
People watch more closely for integrity in bad times.

Integrity Action Plan
1.   Give our best in the worst of times.
2.   Look up to those beneath you.
3.   Stand up for our convictions. This may be painful.
 No job in the world is worth sacrificing our integrity.

2. Integrity in my worship.
Remember God’s goodness.
Public worship is only as good as your private worship has been
Three “Goods” you can count on.
God’s Word
How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.
Psalm 119:9
God’s Work
You are good, and what you do is good; teach me your decrees.
Psalm 119:68
God’s Will
And we know that in all things God works for the good those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

3. Integrity in my witness.
Our witness is what is left behind when we leave the room.
The real value of integrity for a relationship . . . it builds trust!

Three Benefits of Integrity – all three of these strengthen and build a relationship.
Protection – less fear
May integrity and uprightness protect me because my hope is in you. Psalm 25:21
Security – greater confidence
The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out. Proverbs 10:9
Guidance – better decisions
The integrity of the upright guides them, but the unfaithful are destroyed by their duplicity. Proverbs 11:3

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF ONE.
“A good character is the best tombstone. Those who loved you and were helped by you will remember you when forget-me-nots are withered. Carve your names on hearts and not on marble.” Charles H. Spurgeon
Make sure that people know of your intent to be a person of integrity, as it will help you be accountable.

Next week: What Follows You – Faithfulness

Special thanks to Dr. Keith Newman for the primary teachings used in this post. I invite you to his blog, which he's titled, Curious Sojourner.

Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback!


Email me at: chuckdowningauthor@gmail.com

Comments