#BibleStudy Expressions of Faith: Thanksgiving





And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
(Colossians 3:17 NIV)

Thanksgiving

Doing all in Jesus' name is not automatic for me.

I think I do a pretty good job most of the time. 

However...
I'm at my worst with being thankful.

I don't really act ungrateful.

At least, I don't think I don't.

More often than not, my reaction in the past was neutral when someone did something I was thankful for.

I'm better than I once was.

  • I decided around 2010 that I would thank people in my life for their friendship, guidance, and honesty.
  • Too often, I still have to make that a conscious decision.

God, help me to intentionally and spontaneously give thanks. 

It's something I need to do.


It's something you need to do, too!

SEO: Bible study, New Testament, thinking, knowing God


Follow me on 

My website is: www.crdowning.com

My Blogs
Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss 

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

I'd appreciate your feedback on Blogger!


Comments

Popular Posts