#Bible #Study Not So Random Thoughts about Thanksgiving



This is Thanksgiving week. Thanks to Pastor Robert Churchman for this Not So Random Thoughts.


Christian Thanksgiving

Not just a day, it's also a way of life. 
20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ 
Ephesians 5:20

As a Christian, you 
. . . demonstrate thanksgiving by your offerings, what you are willing to sacrifice and offer to God.
41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.
43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.” 
Mark 12:41-44

. . . give thanks during your worship, in sharing God's Word, songs, and prayer.
Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord;

    let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.

Let us come before him with thanksgiving
    and extol him with music and song.

Psalm 95:1-2

. . . give thanks for Jesus' sacrifice on your behalf through the sacrament of Communion.
23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.” 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
I Corinthians 11:23-26

Consider this adaptation of Psalm 118:24 

This [EVERY DAY! NOT JUST THANKSGIVING.] is the day the Lord has made; We will [YOU SHOULD] rejoice [GIVE THANKS] and be glad in it.


SEO: Bible study, New Testament, thinking, knowing God

 

Follow me on 

Twitter(Mininimally): @CRDowningAuthor

Facebook (Not much more than minimally): https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor

 

My website is: www.crdowning.com

Email: crd.author@gmail.com

 

My Blogs

Life as I see it. Topics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too. Occasional posts on Mondays or Tuesdays. http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

 

My Christian Context. Posts Monday/Wednesday of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

 

I appreciate your feedback on Blogger!



Comments

Popular Posts