Expressions of Faith: Grace

Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming.
(1 Peter 1:13 NIV)
Grace
Interesting adjectives here.
  • Alert minds are mandatory when doing any conscious thinking.
  • Fully sober means no distractions.

After meeting those conditions, we are to set our hope on God's grace. Grace that is guaranteed to us when Christ returns.

Alert and sober minds are essential for hope. 

I worry about how society has embraced a culture of alcohol—even members of my family. I pray for them, and the tens of millions like them, that they would focus on the grace of God with soberness.

On another note, my students at Azusa Pacific University this week spoke of grace moments. Almost all gave job-related examples. I hope that other times of grace are in their thoughts as well.

When I think of grace moments, I think:
  • Of my granddaughter, Hadley, and God’s grace during her 60 days in NICU.
  • Of over 200,000 miles of safe travel from San Diego to Temecula I had during my eight years of teaching there. 
  • Of Leanne, my wife, and our life together.

Thanks be to God for the ultimate saving grace that comes with His return.

Next Friday's Expression of Faith Series: Maturation
Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback!

Comments

Popular Posts