Expressions of Faith: Timeless

 For, “All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever.” And this is the word that was preached to you.

(1 Peter 1:24-25 NIV)
Timeless
This is where verse 23 was headed.

One September, my wife, Leanne, and I went to Wisconsin to visit Hadley, my granddaughter, Steve, my son, and Theresa, my daughter-in-law. 

Fall "color" had started and expanded each day we were there.

On a Monday in early October of that same year, Leanne picked up our son, Steve, at the airport. He informed her that all the beautiful red maple leaves were now on the ground.

Water hyacinths grow in the pond in our backyard. 

When in season, the hyacinths’ delicate lavender flowers bloom in hours—and are completely gone by the next afternoon.

God's Word is not like a leaf or a flower: the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever.

I am grateful for God's enduring Word. 

Help me, God, to remember the timeless value of your Word.


Next Friday's Expression of Faith Series: Lists
Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback!

Comments

Popular Posts