#BibleLesson Timeless Truths. Let's be honest. Do we really need the each other?


This primary teachings in this post are from Dr. Dan Copp. I have notes on it from the late 1990s. I added the "current time relevant" material that follows Jesus' quote from Matthew.


This message is providentially appropriate at this time of mandatory isolation.

Answering the question in the title of this post considers several important contrasts, including


Isolation & Anonymity 
Isolation is a powerful negative force in societal action
vs 
Involvement & Identity
This directly addresses the needs of individuals
God calls you to this


Insulation & Loneliness
This leads to wild-eyed craziness
vs
Relationship & Nurture
Shared joy becomes double-joy 
Shared sorrow becomes half-sorrow


Individualism & Relativism
Neither of these help to develop trust or cooperation 
vs
Community & Order
God made you with a need for these.

In the earliest of time, God said, 
"It's not good for [Adam] to be alone." Gen 2:18

We are designed as communal people.



  • Satan hates Christian communities, so his choices are the black pairs.
  • The church in Acts demonstrates God's choice in each contrasted pair above-the red pairs.


Jesus says...
"Love your neighbor as yourself." Matthew 22:39

In this time of governmental mandates against community activities, find ways to be part of your Christian community.

My Sunday school class is using Zoom to meet and have Bible study on Sundays before my church posts the electronically molded church service.

My wife's quilting group is using Zoom to meet.

When I walk my neighborhood, I wave and smile or in some way acknowledge that I see people passing me or out in their yard as I pass. 

Other ways to connect

  1. Make a phone call.
  2. Send an email.
  3. Post on social media and tag people.
  • Find some friends and all read the same book, and set a time each week to "discuss" what you've read in one of the ways listed above.


God is still saying, "It's not good for [you] to be alone," so 
spend time with Him in prayer and His Word every day.


SEO: Bible study, relationships, knowing God

 Follow me on 
Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor

My website is: www.crdowning.com

My Blogs
Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

I'd appreciate your feedback on Blogger!




Comments

Popular Posts