#BibleStudy Signs and Wonders – Miracle #8 – A Sick Woman Touches Jesus – Mark 5:24-34 . 10-17-2021 -- Discussion



Signs and Wonders – Miracles

Sunday School Lesson Series

Based on Signs and Wonders: Thirteen Miracles from the Life of Christ 

Serendipity House ©1998 - ISBN: 1-57494-107-0

 

Until we finish, my Sunday school class is studying Miracles of Jesus.

Below are highlights from this week’s class discussion.

 

Miracle #8 – A Sick Woman Touches Jesus – Mark 5:24-34

 

Imagine you are the woman. How would you tell the story from her point of view?

  • Things to include: “I believed in faith.” “My faith was strong.” “I was desperate.” “I knew this was my last chance.” “I was a bit confused after the healing.” “I didn’t even consider what Jesus’s reaction would be.” 
  • We wondered if she went to a priest.
  • We observed about the disciples: Their faith was weak, but the woman’s wasn’t. They were not expecting a miracle.

Of all that happens, which is most important to the woman? 

  • “I was so excited to tell all my friends what happened.” “I talk so much more now.”

Why?

  • Those are normal things I couldn’t do.

What are some current situations where societal norms put “certain people” in the same spot the woman was in?

  • Street people
  • Those with certain health conditions/Mental issues./Leprosy./Certain races.
  • We wondered if she lived with the lepers since she was always unclean like they were.

What can Christians do to help those people?

  • Pray for them for as long as we know about the issue still existing.
  • Take care of them.
  • Like we’re doing with our current canned food drive.
  • Our ministry to veterans in trouble through Zepher House.

  • The Fall Festival for kids and our work with Foster Elementary School.
  • Our work-and-witness trips to Mexico and other areas.
  • When we provide meals for families after deaths or long hospital stays or during illnesses.

Would you rather suffer from pain than go to the doctor or dentist?

  • No. I’m a wimp.
  • Most of the class would go to the doctor/dentist.
  • It depends on the age of the person.

How do you feel when you're in a crowded elevator or trolley?

  • Claustrophobic.
  • Too crowded.
  • Doesn’t bother me.
  • The current “situation” with COVID, etc. has made more people hyper-sensitive.

 

BONUS THOUGHTS THIS WEEK

 

We Got This Far This Week

 

SEO: Jesus' ministry, New Testament, thinking, knowing God

 

 

Follow me on 

Facebook (Minimally): https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor

 

My website is: www.crdowning.com

Emailcrd.author@gmail.com

 

My Blogs

Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

 

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

 

I appreciate your feedback on Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts