Expressions of Faith: Value

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field. 

                                                                              (Matt 13: 44 NIV)

Value

This is a continuation of last week's post: Worth.  Remember, we are looking at this Scripture from the viewpoint of "the treasure is YOU."

Once the treasure is dug up after the field is purchased, that treasure is in the hands of the field owner. Who's hands are you in?

A basketball in my hands is worth about $20. A basketball in the hands of LeBron James is worth nearly $23 million/year.

A baseball and glove in my hands are worth maybe $200. The same equipment in the hands of Clayton Kershaw is worth a bit over $30 million/year.

Your life in your hands is worth... not much. Your life is God's hands is worth... A FORTUNE.

At the end of your life, your true value will not be based on what you have. It will be based on who has you.

Who's hands are you in?

I know this is not from Colossians and is not Observations, but I heard this in a devotional at the Murietta Regional Center of Azusa Pacific University. I wanted more people to experience the insight of the campus chaplain.

Next Friday's Expression of Faith Series: Observations

Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback!

Comments

Popular Posts