Expressions of Faith: Captives

See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.
(Colossians 2:8 NIV)

Captives


This follows up on Paul's thoughts about fine sounding arguments.

Here Paul goes even further in warning us about lies masked as philosophy.

There are cults in abundance that have captured people in webs of deceitful rhetoric. They serve as today's examples of Paul's concern and should be considered such.

Father, help me to keep my focus on the Gospel of Christ.

Next Friday's Expression of Faith Series: Significance

Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback!

Comments

Popular Posts