Timeless Truths: Turning Your Obstacles Into Opportunities


As we start a new year, this seemed like an appropriate topic to transition out of the old one. For the two weeks that follow, we'll study an example of an individual who made the transition
from old to new.

After I go through Macedonia, I will come to you—for I will be going through Macedonia. Perhaps I will stay with you for a while, or even spend the winter, so that you can help me on my journey, wherever I go. For I do not want to see you now and make only a passing visit; I hope to spend some time with you, if the Lord permits. But I will stay on at Ephesus until Pentecost, because a great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me.
I Corinthians 16:5-9
All Scripture quoted is from the NIV

Adversities, opposition, and problems can either be a flag of battle or a flag of surrender.
1.      Look at your “situation” as an opportunity.
a great door for effective work has opened to me (v9)

  • ·      If God has put a door of opportunity in front of you, don’t hesitate to enter and proceed by faith.
  • ·      God is always bigger than any problem we face.

2.     Give God praise in adversity.
Be joyful always; pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you.
(1 Thessalonians 5:16-17)

  • ·      Opportunities often mean sacrifice. There is no reward greater than the reward from faithful living.
  • ·      “God is too wise to make a mistake and too good to do evil. Therefore, what He allows is best.” – A. J. “Tony” Tostai

3.     Don’t turn away. Go on!
·      The apostle Paul said,
I hope to spend some time with you, if the Lord permits.
But I will stay on at Ephesus
(vv8-9)
·      Every situation you encounter has been placed in your life for a reason. God knows best.

  • ·      Difficulties and challenges are not part of life—they are life!
  • ·      This no progress without friction.
  • ·      Don’t look for obstacles. Instead, see an obstacle as an opportunity.

We need to give god praise IN every circumstance, not FOR the circumstance itself.


May God bless you and your efforts for Him in the New Year!


Special thanks to Rev Tom Goble for the primary teachings used in this post.

Next Thursday's Timeless Truths Series: Journey with Jesus: The Woman at the Well

Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback!

Comments

Popular Posts