Study Questions from Acts Ch 5 on 9/30



My Sunday school class/Life Group is studying the book of Acts. Every Monday, I’ll post the questions we discussed the day before. I encourage you to jot your thoughts down.

On Wednesdays, I’ll post some of the comments from the class discussion.

If you’d like a PDF file of the questions, email me at crd.author@gmail.com

Chapter 5 - Vv17-42

What was the reason for arresting the apostles?

How long did the imprisonment last? How did it end?

How does the attitude of the Sanhedrin/soldiers change in v26?

How does this set of charges differ from the first time Peter and John were arrested in Chapter 4?

Peter and the others answer with a famous quote in v29. How can this “defense” be used correctly? How has it been abused?

Why would the Sanhedrin's reaction to the apostles’ explanation be fury?


In v34, we meet Gamaliel. 1) What is his position? 2) What motivated him? 3) What was the result of his speech?

To the Jewish leaders, the apostles were examples of “internal” insurrection. Which is worse in an organization: internal or external insurrection? Why?


In v41, the apostles demonstrate an uncommon reaction to what has just taken place. What was the reaction, and what allowed them to act like this?

We got this far this week. 

Friday, This week Expressions of Faith is Scattered.

Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com


I'd appreciate your feedback on Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts