#BibleStudy #COVID-19 Timeless Truths. When you feel like a "Nobody" going "Nowhere"


All Scripture in today’s blog is from Psalm 139:1-18 (Holman Christian Standard Bible)

In this time of uncertainty and bizarre happenings like declaring some businesses and jobs “non-essential,” it’s easy to feel like you are a NOBODY going NOWHERE. 

But today there is good news!
In God’s family, NOBODIES are NONEXISTENT.




INTRODUCTION
At some time, most people struggle with feeling that their life hasn't made much of an impact. They say, "What difference does my life make? Does anybody really know or care about me?" 

If you feel that way, God has a word for you in Psalm 139. He wants to show you a different picture of your life. He wants to give you a view from the top, to help you see the meaning of your life from His perspective.


GOD KNOWS YOU
Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I 
stand up;
You 
understand my thoughts from far away.
You observe my travels and my rest;
You are 
aware of all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue,
You know all about it, Lord.
You have 
encircled me;
You have 
placed Your hand on me.
[Bestowed a blessing]
This 
extraordinary knowledge is beyond me.
It is lofty; I am unable to reach it.

  • Verses 1-6 include eight Hebrew words on how well God knows your thoughts, motives, etc.
  • God understands you.
  • God knows your true motives.

God loves you anyway!

GOD PURSUES YOU
Where can I go to escape Your Spirit?
Where can I flee from Your presence?
If I go up to heaven, You are there;
if I make my bed in Sheol, You are there.
If I live at the eastern horizon
or settle at the western limits,[a]
10 even there Your hand will lead me;
Your right hand will hold on to me.
11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me,
and the light around me will be night”—
12 even the darkness is not dark to You.
The night shines like the day;
darkness and light are alike to You.

  • God will not let you run away.
  • God is determined to give you grace (v.10)
  • You are wanted by God.
  • Regardless of how you feel about yourself, 

God wants you!

GOD, HIMSELF MADE YOU
13 For it was You who created my inward parts;[b]
You knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You
because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made.[c][d]
Your works are wonderful,
and I know this very well.
15 My bones were not hidden from You
when I was made in secret,
when I was formed in the depths of the earth.
16a Your eyes saw me when I was formless;

  • You are put together with a purpose.

You are unique! (v14)

GOD HAS PLANS JUST FOR YOU.
16b all my days were written in Your book and planned
before a single one of them began.
17 God, how difficult[e] Your thoughts are
for me to comprehend;
how vast their sum is!
18 If I counted them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand;
when I wake up,[f] I am still with You.

God’s plan for you is as unique as you are.
God’s thoughts are on you at all times!

CONCLUSION
  • You have value for who you are or what happens to you. Just like a $20 bill is worth no more when it’s new than when it’s crumpled.

Don’t let another human being [or governmental edict] says or does define you!

Thanks for Pastor Larry Pitcher for the primary teachings in this post.

SEO: Self-worth, Old Testament, thinking, knowing God

Follow me on 
Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor

My website is: www.crdowning.com

My Blogs
Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

I appreciate your feedback on Blogger!





Comments

Popular Posts