#BibleStudy Signs and Wonders – Miracles: Jesus Calms a Storm – Mark 4:35-41. 07-11-2021-- Discussion

 

 

Until we finish, my Sunday school class is studying Miracles of Jesus. The comments below are from our discussion this week.

 

Signs and Wonders – Miracles

Sunday School Lesson Series

Based on Signs and Wonders: Thirteen Miracles from the Life of Christ 

Serendipity House ©1998 - ISBN: 1-57494-107-0

Miracle #6 – Jesus Calms a Storm – Mark 4:35-41

Read Psalm 46:10, 65:5-7, 89:9, 107:23-31 What’s significant in these Psalms about what Jesus revealed in this event?

46:10

  • People need to “be still.”
  • Silence and stillness are needed to hear God.

65:5-7

  • Who is this?
  • Create and still.
  • Boats.
  • Maybe this is the Messiah.

89:9,

  • Calm the stormy sea.

107:23-31

  • This is a good passage to refer people to when they are questioning their faith.

Highlight the categories that apply to how you felt about Jesus at different times in your life. 

Those highlighted are the most common from the class. The ALL CAPS at the end are new once we added.

Nice man. Legendary figure. Miracle workerGod incarnate. Holy man who commands respect. Lord and Savior sent from God. Impractical idealist. Founder of a religion. Out of contact with the real world. Social revolutionary. Spiritual philosopher and teacher. More spiritual than real. Close friendProphet. Stern judge. Other: COMPASSIONATE. NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS. MASTER SEAMAN.

List insights, experiences, or teachings that were critical to your moving from one category to another.

  • The picture of Jesus knocking on a door. The door has no outside handle. You have to let Christ in.
  • Part of a small group.
  • Observe godly people and model them.

Pick one of the above. Explain from which to which and how/why?

We agreed this is for self-refection. Some may be shared next week.

 

BONUS THOUGHTS THIS WEEK

  • Below are the lyrics from a song written in 1964, and started appearing in some hymnals in the early 1970s.  The original lyrics were written by Ralph Carmichael.
  • I offered the lyrics (without singing!) as examples of insights and experiences that can lead people to Christ.
  • It’s a good song and a great fit for this lesson.

This is a link to how it sounds. 


In the stars His handiwork I see
On the wind He speaks with majesty
Tho' He ruleth over land and sea
What is that to me


I will celebrate nativity
For it has a place in history
Sure He came to set His people free
What is that to me


'Til by faith I met Him face to face
And I felt the wonder of His grace
Then I knew that He was more
Than just a God who didn't care
That lived away out there

And now He walks beside me day by day
Ever watching o'er me lest I stray
Helping me to find that narrow way
He's ev'rything to me (repeat 2x's)

 

We Got This Far This Week

 

SEO: Jesus' ministry, New Testament, thinking, knowing God

 

 

Follow me on 

Facebook (Minimally): https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor

 

My website is: www.crdowning.com

Emailcrd.author@gmail.com

 

My Blogs

Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

 

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

 

I appreciate your feedback on Blogger!


Comments

Popular Posts