#BibleStudy. Timeless Truths. Follow the Leader.


Then Jesus said to them, "Follow me!" John 21:19b

A definition: Cultural Christian - A believer but not a follower.

Question? Who are all the real followers?

Three Options
1. Ladder or cross?
23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. Luke 9:23-24

  • Your motivation should not be tied to ladder-climbing.
  • Ladder climbing postpones life!
  • Planning on living life as you should . . . "after."

2. Mannequin or missionary?
The hand of the Lord was on me, and he brought me out by the spirit of the Lord and sent me to the middle of the valley. It was full of bones. He let me back-and-forth among them, and I saw a great many bones on the floor of the valley, bones that were very dry. He asked me, "send a man can these bones live?"
I said, “Sovereign Lord, you alone know.”
Then he said to me, "prophesied of those bones and say to them, dry bones hear the word of the Lord!" Ezekiel 37:1-4


  • Believers who are followers are called to be missionaries. We are never really alone without the presence of God.
  • Over-commitment is really under-commitment to God!

3. Speedboat
(Self-sufficient but needs fuel) or 
sailing ship (requires wind in the direction you want to go)
On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about.  For John baptized with water, but in a few days you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.” Acts 1:4-5
  • Life is found when you open your sales to the wind of God. Wait for God-breathed life!

How do you change directions?
  1. Adopt the one-year rule. (How would you spend your last year of life?)
  2. Resign. (Every opportunity is NOT a gift from heaven.)
  3. Downsize. (You are probably surrounded by too much stuff. Ladder climbing is very expensive.
  4. Live Out Your Passion! (Move like a follower --> Be directed by the wind of the Spirit.






Comments

Popular Posts