Expressions of Faith: Hope

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
(1 Peter 1:3 NIV)
Hope
I am struck by the idea that hope is a living entity.
I’ve never considered hope that often.
I've been very fortunate that I haven't been in what I considered to be a hopeless situation. I have known people who [must] have been in such situations.
I used the past tense in the last sentence on purpose.
I wonder what could be the value of dead [non-living] hope. I suspect that living hope is the only kind of hopethere is.
Father, help me to be a source of hope for those who find their situation hopeless.

Next Friday's Expression of Faith Series: Shields
Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthorand Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback!

Comments

Popular Posts