Expressions of Faith: Salvation

for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
(1 Peter 1:9 NIV)
Salvation
Here Peter provides another result of faith.
This time, it's the ultimate end of our faith: salvation. 
Not salvation of body or mind. The salvation of my eternal soul.
While fiddling around with time travel stories, I occasionally think about eternity and what it is and means. I do a horrible job at that--imagining eternity.
Peter adds "of your souls" to remind and emphasize that this salvation is spiritual... and, therefore eternal

Help me to better understand what salvation is. It is the "prize" awaiting all whose faith continues to the end life.

No matter how long that is.

Next Friday's Expression of Faith Series: Grace
Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback!

Comments

Popular Posts