Expressions of Faith: Shields

who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.
 (1 Peter 1:5 NIV)
Shields
God’s shield for us against our attackers is accessed only through our faith.
It's tempting to visualize a tiny shield for someone whose faith is weakened and a bunker for a "champion of the faith."
But, I suspect this might work like manna-what you have is all you need
However, I if it's like manna, it must be renewed daily.

Next Friday's Expression of Faith Series: Salvation
Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback!

Comments

  1. That's one of the prayers I pray daily, to put on the full armor. I used to think, "There, now I'm safe." But soon learned that just as a soldier doesn't put on his gear to just sit on his bunk, we must put on the armor to go to battle! And what a battle we're in! Each day the war in the heavenlies seems to get more intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed. It does seem as though the powers and principalities are rampant

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts