Hebrews Study Questions from 6/18


HEBREWS STUDY QUESTIONS

My Sunday School Life Group is studying Hebrews. Every Monday, I post questions that were discussed the day before in Sunday School. I encourage you to ponder/think about them and jot down your thoughts.

On Wednesdays, I post some of the ideas that came up in the Life Group's discussion for you to consider.  

Make yourself comfortable, this is most likely going to be a year-long experience.

These questions were discussed in my Life Group yesterday. Take time to reflect on them. I'll post thoughts from the class discussion on Wednesday of this week. 

Hebrews 2

Vv 5-18
Who does God intend to be in charge of the world to come?
Vv6-8. Where is this quote from? What notes can you find about that verse and this one?
Look at v8 and v15. What’s contradictory? What’s the cause of that contradiction?
How did Christ’s death lead to glory and honor? Why did Christ have to die?
Find two characteristics of Christ and the reason Christ died for us? <hmm. Answer to above?> 
vv10-11. How can suffering lead to perfection?

How do we become part of Christ’s family?

Why is Christ not ashamed to call us brothers [and sisters]?  How’s that make you feel?

Find some common connection between the four statements in vv12-13

Who are the children given to Christ?
We stopped here this week.
Why is it mandatory that: 1) Christ share humanity with us? 2) He die?
How did Christ free those held in slavery to fear of death?
What’s important about v16?
What three things do we learn about Christ in v17?
1
2
3

What gives Christ credibility concerning temptation?

If you'd like a PDF of the pages of questions in table form with room for you to write answers, email me at chuckdowning4@gmail.com/ The first set goes through Hebrews 3. You can request the remaining sets when I give them to my class. That will be in the post of questions for that week.

Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com



I'd appreciate your feedback as a comment on Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts