#BibleStudy Expressions of Faith: Hebrews Ch 2. Family

In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.”
 Hebrews 2:10-12

Family

Christ suffered.

Think about that.

The God of the universe suffered.

Why?

Without suffering, Christ’s time on earth would have provided an incomplete experience in humanity.

Complete human-ness results in Him calling us “brothers [siblings]”

Our families are made whole when we are made holy by the only one who can make us holy . . .
Christ

I pray that you seek His holiness today.


Next Expression of Faith: Slaves to Fear

Follow me on 
Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor

My website is: www.crdowning.com

My Blogs
Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

I appreciate your feedback on Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts