#BibleStudy Timeless Truths. How to Make Your Life a Masterpiece. #1. What Do You Think of Yourself?



For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles—Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 
This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things.
His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.
Ephesians 3:1-12

#1. What Do You Think of Yourself?
God gives you a “second chance” when you wish to change your life.

INTRODUCTION
Here’s a challenge to make a resolution that will start a revolution in the world you live in.

Adopt Paul’s attitude:
I am not an important person, but I have an important job to do!

Paul’s purpose was to be a servant of the Gospel.

LIVE WITH A SENSE OF PURPOSE (v6)
What if there was only one thing in life that mattered enough to turn down $1BILLION to pursue it?

Remember:
Your purpose wasn’t created to serve you.
You were created to serve your purpose!

Your way of thinking must be:
I will be a slave to God’s purpose for my life.

To do this your attitude must be:
I am not an important person, but I have an important job to do!

LIVE WITH A SENSE OF HUMILITY (v8)
Paul writes of himself as “the least of all God’s people.”

  • He needed to keep his ego in check.
  • If Paul needed that, we certainly do!
  • Avoid the disease of ME, which leads to the defeat of US!

LIVE WITH A SENSE OF PERSPECTIVE (v2b-3a)
In One Minute Manager, Dr. Kenneth Blanchard explained how he looked for what he could learn from success.
What is God teaching you today? On any given day?

The first step in making your life a masterpiece is this:
I am not an important person,
but I have an important job to do—
and by God’s grace, I will do it!

God’s grace is too good to be true. (v7)
There must be a balance between thinking yourself too important and thinking yourself not important enough!


What can you learn from and what can you do about your situation?

Special thanks to Pastor Larry Pitcher for providing the central teachings in this series.


SEO: Bible study, New Testament, thinking, knowing God


Follow me on 
Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor

My website is: www.crdowning.com

My Blogs
Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

I appreciate your feedback on Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts