Hebrews Questions Ch 10 - From 1/7

HEBREWS STUDY QUESTIONS

My Sunday School Life Group is studying Hebrews. Every Monday, I post questions that were discussed the day before in Sunday School. I invite you to ponder/think about them and jot down your thoughts.

On Wednesdays, I post some of the ideas that came up in the Life Group's discussion for you to consider and compare with your thoughts.  


These questions were discussed in my Life Group yesterday. Take time to reflect on them. I'll post thoughts from the class discussion on Wednesday.


Chapter 10
Vv 1-18
According to vv1-2, why were sacrifices necessary?

What did the Hebrews need as a “reminder of sin”? Why? (again)

Carefully read vv5-10. What does 5a mean? Where is 5b-7 found?

Vv8-10 are a commentary on vv5-7. What are two key points here?

We Got This Far This Week

If you'd like a PDF of the pages of questions in table form with room for you to write answers, email me at 
Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback as a comment on Blogger!


Here's a preview of things to come...

Why could a priest’s life be frustrating?

What is Christ waiting for?

How do vv15-18 relate to v 14?

What does v18 mean?

Chapter 10
Vv 19-39
What is our “doorway” to the Holy of Holies?

Because we have that doorway and the priest, what are we to do?

How do we “draw near to God?”
Why do we hold on to hope?

Vv24-25 are closely related. What’s their point? Why is that a critical point?

What is the ONLY outcome of deliberate sin?

Vv28-31 is graphic in its descriptions. What’s your reaction?

Vv32-34 reminds the Hebrews of what specific acts, actions, and/or circumstances?

Why are we encouraged to persevere?

V38 is a tough read. What does it refer to? What is it describing?

V39. To what group are we to belong? What group to avoid?


Comments

Popular Posts