#BibleStudy Timeless Truths. How to Make Your Life a Masterpiece. #2. Where to Begin

Where to Begin When You Don't Know Where to Begin!


 But now, this is what the LORD says— he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.
“Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because I love you, I will give people in exchange for you, nations in exchange for your life. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west. I will say to the north, ‘Give them up!’ and to the south, ‘Do not hold them back.’ Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth—everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.
Isaiah 43:1-7

#2. Where to Begin When You Don't Know Where to Begin! 
“There are no mistakes in painting, only happy accidents.” Bob Ross, Artist

INTRODUCTION
What happens when accidents occur in your life?
Your attitude is one of the most powerful assets you have for living a victorious life. There may be times when your attitude is the only resource you have, but it can get you through anything life sends your way.

The Book of Isaiah gives us three promises that will strengthen your attitude when circumstances overwhelm you.

YOU BELONG TO GOD (v1)
We were created, formed, and redeemed by God.
He calls you by name!
Mistake! Thinking that God wants to be only as close as we want to be!

GOD WILL PROTECT YOU EVERY STEP OF THE WAY (v2, 5a)
  • Verse two begins with “whennot if!”
  • God is with you in spite of your circumstances.
  • God isn’t the source of your problems, He is the solution to your problems.


if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself.
2 Timothy 2:13

  • When you choose to believe Scripture, problems are viewed from a different perspective.
  • One thing that cannot be taken away is your ability to choose your attitude in every situation.

“The rain falls on the just and the unjust.” Matthew 5:45
  • But, remember this: Some of your problems are the result of your bad decisions.


God is not the SOURCE of your problems,
He’s the SOLUTION to your problems.

NO PROBLEM YOU FACE CAN KEEP YOU FROM REACHING YOUR TRUE (GOD-GIVEN) POTENTIAL (v7)
You should live in such a way that those around you see God’s glory.

To glorify God means to live the kind of life that shines a positive light on Jesus Christ for the world to see.

Regardless of what you go through, NOTHING can stop you from reaching your true, God-given potential . . . 
EXCEPT YOU!

Bottom Line. Repeat as needed.
No matter what happens, I belong to God.
He will see me through,
so that through me,
the world may see His glory!

Special thanks to Pastor Larry Pitcher for providing the central teachings in this series.


SEO: Bible study, New Testament, thinking, knowing God
  
Follow me on 
Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor

My website is: www.crdowning.com

My Blogs
Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

I appreciate your feedback on Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts