Questions on Hebrews Ch12 from 4/8


HEBREWS STUDY QUESTIONS

My Sunday School Life Group is studying Hebrews. Every Monday, I post questions that were discussed the day before in Sunday School. I invite you to ponder/think about them and jot down your thoughts.

On Wednesdays, I post some of the ideas that came up in the Life Group's discussion for you to consider and compare with your thoughts.  


These questions were discussed in my Life Group yesterday. Take time to reflect on them. I'll post thoughts from the class discussion on Wednesday.



Chapter 12
Vv 1-13

Define discipline.

What’s the difference between hinder and entangle?
  • Hinder
  • Entangle


There are at least two possible ways to look at this question:
Why not just run the race?



We Got This Far This Week

Joy and crucifixion are not usually linked. Why are they linked here?

What other word to translators use in v3 besides consider?

Vv5-6 are from Proverbs. Do they mean that all discipline is punishment?

According to v7. does  hardship always = discipline? Explain

What’s up with the (parenthetical phrase) in v8?

“for our good” vs. “as they thought best” comment on this pair of qualifiers in v10.

V11 is not an uplifting end. What’s the good and bad news?


How does the end of v13 relate to v12?


If you'd like a PDF of the pages of questions in table form with room for you to write answers, email me at 
chuckdowning4@gmail.com/ 

Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback as a comment on Blogger!

Comments