#BibleStudy Timeless Truths. The Miracle Tree – Fruit of the Spirit. #2 JOY






19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:19-23


#2 Joy

Fruit means nothing if it stays on the tree. It must be taken and used.

“Joy is the nature of God in my blood no matter what.” Oswald Chambers

Joy comes from remaining in Jesus. If joy is lacking, evaluate your relationship with Jesus!

4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 
John 15:4-5

Bad attitudes steal your joy.

Moving your focus to your circumstances, your pain, or your unmet expectations drains the joy from your heart and soul.

The Christian life is one of
ever-increasing joy!

LIFE AND JOY go hand in hand.
Mary and Martha rejoiced at the return of Lazarus from the dead.

Women run from Jesus empty tomb filled with joy.

“Good News of great joy” accompanied Jesus birth.

PEACE AND JOY go together.
Joy is ushered in with peace.
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
Isaiah 52:12
Peacemakers find joy.
Deceit is in the hearts of those who plot evil, but those who promote peace have joy.
Proverbs 12:20

JOY BRINGS HOPE
Joy and hope spring forth together as your life is made new through Jesus.
17 But, brothers and sisters, when we were orphaned by being separated from you for a short time (in person, not in thought), out of our intense longing we made every effort to see you. 18 For we wanted to come to you—certainly I, Paul, did, again and again—but Satan blocked our way. 19 For what is our hope, our joy, or the crown in which we will glory in the presence of our Lord Jesus when he comes? Is it not you?
I Thessalonians 2:17-19

Children are fine examples of
Life, Peace, Hope, and Joy!

Look back at Isaiah 55:12a.
You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace

We are to share our joy with the world.
Instead of the thornbush will grow the juniper, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the Lord’s renown, for an everlasting sign, that will endure forever.”
Isaiah 55:1
Replace thorns with flowers (Fruit of The Spirit) and change the world

Thanks to Dr. Scott Peterson for the primary teachings in this blog post.

Follow me on 
Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor

My website is: www.crdowning.com

My Blogs
Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

I appreciate your feedback on Blogger!


   

Comments