#BibleStudy Timeless Truths. The Miracle Tree - Fruit of the Spirit #5 Kindness






19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:19-23


#5 Kindness

Kindness can be described with the terms FRIENDLY, GENEROUS, CONSIDERATE, among others.

Kindness is not just an attitude or a way of life.

Kindness is ACTION! An act of Kindness can greatly impact a life.

Kindness is the execution of those fruit preceding it in the list.

Kindness includes attention to and caring for others.

Kindness requires more than talk.

Kindness is shown to be Fruit of the Spirit even in the Old Testament.

Rahab, the harlot that hid the Hebrew spies in Jericho, knew the power of kindness.
12 “Now then, please swear to me by the LORD that you will show kindness to my family because I have shown kindness to you. Give me a sure sign 13 that you will spare the lives of my father and mother, my brothers and sisters, and all who belong to them—and that you will save us from death.”
Joshua 2:12-13

Boaz showed kindness to Ruth.
19 Her mother-in-law asked her, “Where did you glean today? Where did you work? Blessed be the man who took notice of you!” Then Ruth told her mother-in-law about the one at whose place she had been working. “The name of the man I worked with today is Boaz,” she said. 
20 “The LORD bless him!” Naomi said to her daughter-in-law. “He has not stopped showing his kindness to the living and the dead.” She added, “That man is our close relative; he is one of our guardian-redeemers. ” 
21 Then Ruth the Moabite said, “He even said to me, ‘Stay with my workers until they finish harvesting all my grain.’ ” 
Ruth 2:19-21

Ruth returned the kindness to Boaz.
10 “The LORD bless you, my daughter,” he replied. “This kindness is greater than that which you showed earlier: You have not run after the younger men, whether rich or poor. 11 And now, my daughter, don’t be afraid. I will do for you all you ask. All the people of my town know that you are a woman of noble character.
Ruth 3:10-11

Unused fruit ROTS.
The world does not need a bowl of rotten fruit.

The world NEEDS ACTIVE CHRISTIANS


People, both the lost and the saved, NEED ACTIVE CHRISTIANS showing KINDNESS in our world.

     Follow me on 
Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor

My website is: www.crdowning.com

My Blogs
Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

I appreciate your feedback on Blogger!

Comments