#BibleStudy Expressions of Faith. Acts 26. Insanity?


24 At this point Festus interrupted Paul’s defense. “You are out of your mind, Paul!” he shouted. “Your great learning is driving you insane.”
25 “I am not insane, most excellent Festus,” Paul replied. “What I am saying is true and reasonable. 26 The king is familiar with these things, and I can speak freely to him. I am convinced that none of this has escaped his notice, because it was not done in a corner. 27 King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do.”
Acts:24-25 
I suspect that many Jews in the area Paul ministered thought he was crazy.
He was
  • A Jew’s Jew – a Pharisee
  • A Roman citizen – by birth

Now
  • Paul is preaching Christ
  • Jewish leaders oppose him
  • He’s under house arrest

Governor Festus invited King Agrippa to hear the Roman citizen, Paul and offer his counsel.

Festus, not Agrippa, calls Paul insane.
  • Paul dismisses Festus’s comment and speaks to King Agrippa about Christianity.
  • He didn’t let anything prevent him from preaching salvation.

Today, Christians around the world are persecuted for their faith.

Far too often, at least in the eyes of the Western world, the persecution ends in death.
  • “Those Christians are insane,” onlookers at the execution and non-Christians in the Western world say. “All they had to do was recant. They died for nothing!”

What Christians know is what the world calls “life” is just a blip on the radar screen.
  • Everyone has a spiritual life, 
  • and your spiritual life is eternal.
  • No one who picks enteral life over a longer blip on Earth but ultimately eternal death is insane.

In fact, 
doesn’t it sound crazy not to make that your choice?

SEO: Bible study, New Testament, thinking, knowing God
  
Follow me on 
Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor

My website is: www.crdowning.com

My Blogs
Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss
My Christian Context.Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/ 
I'd appreciate your feedback on Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts