#BibleLesson Spiritual Gifts - How to find yours



Your responsibility as a Christian is to serve God faithfully. That's sometimes a natural act. But, often you find yourself trying to figure out what piece of the ministry puzzle you are.

There are clearly listed gifts of the Holy Spirit that are the foundation of effective, fulfilling ministry. 

To get a handle on what a spiritual gift is and what gift(s) you might have, take a spiritual gifts inventory.


At the end of this blog are links to three choices for online Spiritual Gift inventories. Be honest in your answers and look for what God reveals.

 

There is a big difference between the spiritual gifts and the fruit of the spirit.
As a member of God's family, all Christians are intended to produce all the fruit of the spirit: Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self-control. It's part of being a child of God.
Spiritual gifts are distinct expressions of God's presence--specifically the Holy Spirit--in the lives of individual believers. My mother has the gift of Hospitality. I doubt there was ever a person who visited our home that didn't feel like a family member when they left. On the other hand, while I consider myself hospitable, I am not gifted with Hospitality like my mom was.



If you haven't done this yet, I suggest you try the activity that follows before you take an inventory. That way you'll be thinking about how God gifted you before the survey.
  
How You May Find Your Spiritual Gift(s)
Step 1:    Explore the possibilities

Step 2:    Experiment with as many as you can

Step 3:    Examine your feelings
  
Step 4:    Evaluate your effectiveness
  
Step 5:    Expect confirmation from the Body of Christ
  
Adapted from: Your Spiritual Gifts Can Help Your Church Grow  - C. Peter Wagner, Regal Books

Inventory URLs

I’ve taken the paper version of the first one. I have confidence in the organization behind the second one. I added the third one because its visuals intrigued me.


SEO: Bible study, New Testament, Spiritual Gifts, knowing God
  
Follow me on 
Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor

My website is: www.crdowning.com

My Blogs
Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss
My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  
I'd appreciate your feedback on Blogger!


Comments

Popular Posts