#BibleStudy Signs and Wonders – Miracle #9 – Jesus Walks on Water – Matthew 14:22-36. 11-07-2021 -- Discussion


Signs and Wonders – Miracles

Sunday School Lesson Series

Based on Signs and Wonders: Thirteen Miracles from the Life of Christ 

Serendipity House ©1998 - ISBN: 1-57494-107-0

 

Until we finish, my Sunday school class is studying Miracles of Jesus.

Below are highlights from this week’s class discussion.

 

Miracle #9 – Jesus Walks on Water – Matthew 14:22-36

Read the miracle. Fill in the table.

Overall impression

  • Trust in the Lord.
  • Oh, ye of little faith.
  • Keep your eyes on Jesus.
  • Following Jesus can be amazing.
  • It’s not the first, or last, faith problem for Peter.

Complete this sentence: If I didn’t know so much about Jesus, this story would lead me to believe that He 

  • appears to be a magician.
  • is superman.
  • is a sorcerer or The Son of God.

Pretend you are a disciple on the boat in this miracle. What were your first words when you saw a ghostly figure walking on the water?

  • I’m seeing things!

Do you see that?

Where’s Jesus?

That must be Jesus.!

I’d make up a cause.

I would have been speechless.

Other: 

  • “Who you gonna call?”
  • Jesus met needs as they came up.

This happens immediately after feeding the 5000 in Matthew. What follows that miracle in Mark?

  • The same thing.

Why would Jesus go somewhere to pray by himself at this time?

  • He needed a break.

How do these three Old Testament scriptures relate to Jesus’s words in this miracle?

“It is I am.” (Ex. 3:14)

  • God declares His Self-existence.
  • God is not a “new god.”
  • God will provide.

walking on the water

  • (Job 9:8) tramples down the water.
  • (Psalm 77:19) walks on the sea.

“Don’t be afraid” (Isaiah 41:10; 43:2,5)

  • Do not fear or be dismayed.
  • Jesus will rescue when needed.
  • Pay attention when Jesus says, “I AM.”

We Got This Far This Week

 

 

SEO: Jesus' ministry, New Testament, thinking, knowing God

 

 

Follow me on 

Facebook (Minimally): https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor

 

Emailcrd.author@gmail.com

 

My Blogs

Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

 

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

 

I appreciate your feedback on Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts