Hebrews Study Questions from 7/23


HEBREWS STUDY QUESTIONS

My Sunday School Life Group is studying Hebrews. Every Monday, I post questions that were discussed the day before in Sunday School. I encourage you to ponder/think about them and jot down your thoughts.

On Wednesdays, I post some of the ideas that came up in the Life Group's discussion for you to consider.  

Make yourself comfortable, this is most likely going to be a year-long experience.

These questions were discussed in my Life Group yesterday. Take time to reflect on them. I'll post thoughts from the class discussion on Wednesday of this week. 

Hebrews 

Vv 1-13

What’s the difference in the rest in v4 and v5?
Why did some people not allowed to go into God’s rest?
What’s the significance of Today? How long is Today? What are you not supposed to do Today? Why?
Read vv8-11. What is the author trying to say here?


We stopped here this week. 

V12 lists a common use for a sword and an uncommon use. What sword does both?
Comment on v13. Go ahead. We’ll wait until you’re finished . . . 

If you'd like a PDF of the pages of questions in table form with room for you to write answers, email me at  chuckdowning4@gmail.com 


Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com


I'd appreciate your feedback as a comment on Blogger!

Comments

  1. Verse 13 - He sees it all. He knows your heart. Your motives. Your fears. Doubts. Shortcomings. Give Him everything, your hopes and dreams. Understands your heart. One day we will all stand before Him and and give an account for our actions and words. But if we truly believe that Jesus is Lord and that He died for us, then we'll be covered by His blood! We can stand boldly before the Father and tell of the goodness of His Son!! Thank you Lord! He is such a good God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see you're working a week ahead.
      Can I share this comment on v13 next week in my class?

      Delete
  2. Sorry, just saw this! You can share anything I write on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment