Questions from Hebrews Ch 11 on 3/18

HEBREWS STUDY QUESTIONS

My Sunday School Life Group is studying Hebrews. Every Monday, I post questions that were discussed the day before in Sunday School. I invite you to ponder/think about them and jot down your thoughts.

On Wednesdays, I post some of the ideas that came up in the Life Group's discussion for you to consider and compare with your thoughts.  


These questions were discussed in my Life Group yesterday. Take time to reflect on them. I'll post thoughts from the class discussion on Wednesday.


Chapter 11
Vv 29-40
Chart time #4! Why is each of these included: Rahab, Gideon, Barak, Samson, and Jephthah; David, Samuel and the prophets? Fill in the appropriate blanks after checking the OT references. (“the prophets’? REALLY!?)

PERSON
DESCRIPTION
ACT OF FAITH
SCRIPTURE PASSAGES
Abel


Enoch


Noah


Gen 6.1--9.17
Abraham


Gen 12.1-917.1-8; see also Rom 4
Sarah


Isaac


Jacob


Joseph


Gen 37~50; especially 50.22-25.
Moses


Exod 1~15; 19~34
Rahab


Gideon,
Barak,
Samson, and
Jephthah








David


1 Sam 16.1--1 Kgs 2.11; especially, 1 Sam 17
Samuel



There’s a change in the focus of who is faithful in vv28-29. How? Why?

Attack or Defend: Rahab is the most significant faith example in this chapter.

We Got This Far This Week

If you'd like a PDF of the pages of questions in table form with room for you to write answers, email me at 
Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback as a comment on Blogger!

Comments