Hebrews Study Questions for 10/29

HEBREWS STUDY QUESTIONS

My Sunday School Life Group is studying Hebrews. Every Monday, I post questions that were discussed the day before in Sunday School. I invite you to ponder/think about them and jot down your thoughts.

On Wednesdays, I post some of the ideas that came up in the Life Group's discussion for you to consider and compare with your thoughts.  


These questions were discussed in my Life Group yesterday. Take time to reflect on them. I'll post thoughts from the class discussion on Wednesday.


Chapter 9
Vv 1-10

What were the two components of the first covenant?

Three things are listed as furnishings of “the outer room.” How was each used?
1
2
3

The Holy of Holies sounds pretty crowded. What’s there? Why was each piece there?
What?
Why?

We Got This Far This Week
Why was the High Priest allowed access to the Holy of Holies?

What was the purpose of the blood taken into the Holy of Holies?

Vv8-10 is a commentary on Christ’s crucifixion. What were the good and bad aspects of the animal sacrifices?

Chapter 9
Vv 11-15
What good things are already here?

What’s the significance of Christ’s “once for all” entry into the HofH?

Blood cleansing vs. heifer ashes. ‘Sup wit dat?

Why would sprinkling blood on an object make it clean?

What does Christ’s blood cleanse? Why is that essential?

Comment on the last part of v14.


Called? See Romans 8:28




If you'd like a PDF of the pages of questions in table form with room for you to write answers, email me at 
Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback as a comment on Blogger!

Comments