#BibleStudy Expressions of Faith. Thankfulness. Colossians 1:3-4


Reality.
I'm too far ahead in these blog posts from Acts of where my Sunday school class is discussing. I'm confusing myself in class. Therefore, I'm switching to Colossians 1 for the next few weeks. I'll return to Acts when the class catches up.

We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, when we pray for you, because we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love you have for all God’s people—
Colossians 1:3, 4  
Thankfulness is not part of the Fruit of the Spirit Paul lists in Galatians 5: 22-23.

I don’t think that’s an oversight.

It implies that being thankful is a choice you make
Every day!

Part of being a thankful person is being a praying person.

For whom do you thank God when you pray? 
Is it a loved one?
  • a relative?
  • a close friend? 

Paul thanks God for the Colossians because of their faith in Christ and their love. 

Not love for him specifically, but for their love of all God’s people. 

Many people require love to be a reciprocal experience, or they stop loving.

That’s not the love Paul is thanking God for.

Christians outwardly express the love of in their hearts in good times and bad times

. . . even when the love is spurned or not returned.

What’s your love quotient?

SEO: Bible, Colossians, devotional, Bible study

Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and 
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback on Blogger!

Comments