#BibleStudy Signs and Wonders – Miracles: Feeding 5000 People – Mark 6:30-44. 05-30-2021 -- Discussion

 

Until we finish, my Sunday school class is studying Miracles of Jesus. The comments below are from our discussion this week.

 

Signs and Wonders – Miracles

Sunday School Lesson Series

Based on Signs and Wonders: Thirteen Miracles from the Life of Christ 

Serendipity House ©1998 - ISBN: 1-57494-107-0

 

Miracle #5 – Feeding 5000 People – Mark 6:30-44

How would you describe who you think Jesus is to a non-believing friend?

  • Son of God
  • Creator of the universe
  • Savior
  • Closest friend
  • Disciples would say: Fulfilling Scripture
  • 40+ years old: Keeps me doing good things. Helper.
  • People leaving the miracle: He’s a miracle worker. I’ll keep following Him!

What are two things you know about Jesus? 

  • He paid for my sin with His blood and His death.
  • He was crucified.
  • He reconciles us with His Father (GOD) so we aren’t separated from God anymore.

Why are they important to you?

  • Heaven is a real place and you can’t get there without Jesus, who is alive there.
  • He loves everyone.
  • God does not change.
  • This is a timeless message.

Compare an experience you’ve had with this miracle.

  • I had a car accident and my seatbelt unhooked during the accident. If that hadn’t happened, the police said I would have died.
  • We hit black ice in the fast lane, made it to the side of the road without getting hit, and stopped at the edge of a deep ravine that lacked a guard rail.
  • My father was placed in a necessary facility in only four days.
  • I drove students to a track meet in my car, then drove some of them back to school. When I pulled into my driveway, the wheel fell off the axil. The cotter pin was missing.

What are your thoughts about 

a) The number of people 

  • Nothing new

b) The distance they traveled.

  • Not a big deal because they walked all the time.
  • Some did it with kids. That’s impressive!

BONUS THOUGHT:

  • How do we reach those without Scripture background or people who were forced to go to church not because they wanted to go?

 

We Got This Far This Week

 

SEO: Jesus' ministry, New Testament, thinking, knowing God

 

 

Follow me on 

Facebook (Minimally): https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor

 

My website is: www.crdowning.com

Emailcrd.author@gmail.com

 

My Blogs

Life as I see itTopics rotate between those of general interest to lovers of life,  authors, teachers—probably you, too.  Posts on Tuesdays and some Mondays.  http://crdowning-author.blogspot.com/?alt=rss

 

My Christian Context. Posts M/W of discussion questions. Thursdays - Timeless Truths. Fridays - Expressions of Faith. https://mychristiancontext.blogspot.com/  

 

I appreciate your feedback on Blogger!


 

Comments

Popular Posts