Expressions of Faith: Hebrews 3. Hard Hearts


So, as the Holy Spirit says: “Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness, where your ancestors tested and tried me, though for forty years they saw what I did. That is why I was angry with that generation; I said, ‘Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.’ So I declared on oath in my anger, ‘They shall never enter my rest.’ ” 
 Hebrews 3:7-11

Hard Hearts

Physically speaking, even a small hard spot in a heart can be fatal. Hard fatty plaque clogs arteries and leads to heart attack.

Spiritually speaking, a heard heart leads to even worse outcomes.

1.  When Israel voted not to enter Canaan, God sent them back into the desert to be tested.
        ·      The adults that left Egypt failed that test.
        ·      They tried and tested God.
        ·      Why?
Heart problems.

2. Ultimately, none of the adult generations entered either the Promised Land.
         ·      Much worse, they didn’t enter God’s rest!
         ·      Joshua and Caleb, the two spies who voted to invade Canaan were the only exceptions.

3. Be a Joshua or a Caleb.
Don’t let a heard heart keep you from God’s best for you.


Next Expression of Faith: No Value?


Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor

My website is: www.crdowning.com


I'd appreciate your feedback as a comment on Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts