Thoughts on Hebrews Study Questions from 8/27

HEBREWS STUDY QUESTIONS

My Sunday School Life Group is studying Hebrews. Every Monday, I post questions that were discussed the day before in Sunday School. I invite you to ponder/think about them and jot down your thoughts.

On Wednesdays, I post some of the ideas that came up in the Life Group's discussion for you to consider and compare with your thoughts.  

Make yourself comfortable, this is most likely going to be a year-long experience.

These questions were discussed in my Life Group yesterday. Take time to reflect on them. I'll post thoughts from the class discussion on We


Chapter 5
Vv 1-14



V13 seems harsh. Wouldn’t you think that righteousness is an “elementary teaching?”

It's important in discussing right vs. wrong. It can be taught and not learned by those who are taught. It defines the right relationship with God. It wasn't applied to their lives.

"Regular" Hebrews went to instructional sessions on the Torah and the Law. "Christian" Hebrews might have thought that no learning was necessary because of their faith.
Sorry about the "artsy" bending paper effect. I didn't hold the page flat enough when I took this photo of one of my student's Study Bible comment.


If righteousness isn’t an elementary teaching, what grade are you in?

This is a rhetorical question. If you think you're still in the elementary curriculum, consider that you're completing these questions--if you are. 

The most important thing that learning is necessary to bring the lost back to God.

V14. Constant use of what?
God's Word. Scripture. The Bible. 

We stopped here this week.

If you'd like a PDF of the pages of questions in table form with room for you to write answers, email me at 

Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback as a comment on Blogger!

Comments

Popular Posts