Thoughts on Hebrews Study Questions from 7/30


HEBREWS STUDY QUESTIONS

My Sunday School Life Group is studying Hebrews. Every Monday, I post questions that were discussed the day before in Sunday School. I encourage you to ponder/think about them and jot down your thoughts.

On Wednesdays, I post some of the ideas that came up in the Life Group's discussion for you to consider.  

Make yourself comfortable, this is most likely going to be a year-long experience.

These questions were discussed in my Life Group yesterday. Take time to reflect on them. I'll post thoughts from the class discussion on Wednesday of this week. 

Hebrews 4

Vv 12-13


12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.


V12 lists a common use for a sword and an uncommon use. What sword does both?
Key words: joints/marrow, penetrate.
God's Word is complete 

  • discerns and judges
  • shifts the purposes of life
  • condemns (outside a relationship with God) and teaches/encourages (in a relationship with God)

"laid open" - there is no where to hide. You can't win this--God will win.
There was discussion on the difference between soul and spirit.



My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. 
Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:15-16

Life is lived in the joint. The marrow provides nourishment and protection.

Double-edge: swing one way might take a life while a swing in the other direction may cut bonds and free someone.
Reading the Word of God can condemn or encourage


Comment on v13. Go ahead. We’ll wait until you’re finished. . . 
God is the MRI machine of all creation.
He knows me better than I know me because I can convince myself of something questions. He can't be convinced.

This verse is about 
the WOW! versus the WHOA!
about Scripture when we read it.

One of my blog followers posted this as a comment.
If you have a comment, you'd like to share, make it a "comment" on this post. I'll put all I get by August 6 in a "special edition" of this set of "Thoughts"


We stopped here this week. 



If you'd like a PDF of the pages of questions in table form with room for you to write answers, email me at  chuckdowning4@gmail.com 


Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com


I'd appreciate your feedback as a comment on Blogger!

Comments

  1. Interesting to read this after the post on the "revealed " spiderweb. I wonder what God is waiting to reveal by the waters of my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts