Expressions of Faith. Hebrews Ch 6. The New Covenant


This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.
No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” 
By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear.
Hebrews 8:10-13

The New Covenant

God’s original covenant with humanity was based on sacrifices to cleanse the sins of the Hebrews

Verses 10-13 describe a New Covenant based on an internal sacrificial system.

God promises to embed His Laws on the minds and hearts of His people.
That’s the work of the Holy Spirit.
Verse 12 is the climax.

After being forgiven, God “will remember their (YOUR) sins no more.”
Your slate is clean.

Verse 13 closes the door tight on the sacrificial system.
The only caveat is this:
Each person has to allow the Holy Spirit access to his/her heart and mind by repenting.


Next Expression of Faith: Sins of Ignorance
Follow me on Twitter: @CRDowningAuthor and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CRDowningAuthor
My website is: www.crdowning.com

I'd appreciate your feedback!

Comments

Popular Posts